Awhile back Mimi asked if there was a way to view the most recent Posts and Comments on the Blog without having to look through all the different and many Categories. The answer is yes, there are a couple of different ways to view the most recent Post and Comments.
1. View Comments: Registered Blog members can Login then click on Comments which will take you to a complete listing of all Comments ever made on the Blog. You’ll only be able to read the Comments here. If you want to reply to other’s Comments, you’ll have to look at the bottom of the Comment to see what Category it was left on. Then click on ‘Visit Site’ then once on the Home Page find the category and click it, then scroll to the Post the Comment was left on.
2. View Posts: Registered Blog members can Login then click on Manage. A list of all Posts made to the Blog will appear. You can scroll through them and determine what Category they are in then follow the same process as above for Comments, i.e. – click on “Visit Site” to Home Page to category to the Post you want.
A FASTER WAY:
If you want to view the most recent 20 Posts or Comments, here is what you can do:
On the Home Page of the Blog, scroll down to the bottom of the Menu on the right side of the page until you get to “Recent Posts Comments”. Under it you’ll see two links:
If you click on “Posts (RSS)” link it will take you to a page that shows the most recent 20 Posts made on the Blog. If you click on a title of a Post it will take you to the Post on the Blog.
If you click on “Comments (RSS)” link it will take you to page showing the most recent 20 Comments left to Posts. If you click on the title it will take you to the Posts and Comments on the Blog.
(NOTE: If the first time you click on either “Posts (RSS)” or “Comments (RSS)” link you end up on a page of HTML Coding, just hit the “Back Button” on your Browser and it will take you back to the Blog Home Page. Now, click the link again and it should work okay … and you should now see a page that says, “Saigon Kids American Community School” and a lists of the Posts or Comments.)
If you are knowledgeable about RSS Feeds and how they work, you can also subscribe to an RSS Feed for the Blog. There are button links for most of the major and most popular RSS Feeders on the bottom of the Menu. IMPORTANT: If you ARE NOT familiar with how RSS Feeds work, either go learn about them and how to set them up, or WAIT for the RSS Feed article I’ll be posting here in the near future, explaining how they work and how to set them up. In a nut shell for those of you who are curious, RSS Feeds will bring the Blog to you anytime there is a new Post or Comment entered on the Blog, instead of you having to come to the Blog to check and see what is going on. RSS Feed works the reverse of how ‘Bookmarks’ or ‘Favorites’ work. With Bookmarks/Favorites you “Go” to the Blog, with RSS Feed the Blog “Comes” to you.
The fastest way to check out whats going on on the Blog.
1. Come to the Blog.
2. Scroll down the Menu on the right to “Recent Posts Comments”
3. Click on either “Posts (RSS)” or “Comments (RSS)” to view the most recent 20 Posts or Comments.
4. Click on the “Title” of any Post or Comment to view the entire Post or Comment.
I hope you find this an easier way to keep up with what is happening on the Blog.
As always, you are welcome to leave your comments below.