I just checked out Wikipedia for any reference to the American Community School Saigon – doesn’t exist. I have no idea how to go about this, but this would be great if we could start an entry.
Ken – This is for you and others who might be interested in creating a New Article in Wikipedia.
Here is how you do it.
Wikipedia provides a platform to create new articles and disseminate information for those interested in that specific subject. It is a free encyclopedia and anyone can write a new article in it. Here are some guidelines for creating a new article.
Warnings and Tips:
– Register on Wikipedia to obtain more benefits, such as getting your article in the semi-protected category in Wikipedia.
– Avoid using content from other web sites, writers or copyrighted matter. If you use any content which is not your original material, you MUST obtain permission from the originator/creator of the content material; and, give them credit for the content material by identifying them and the source of the content material (usually none by Foot Note Reference).
– Avoid writing on personal topics, such as your hobbies and friends.
Difficulty: Moderately Easy.
Things You’ll Need:
– Computer with Internet access.
– Content for article.
Open an Account in Wikipedia
Go to the Main Page of Wikipedia, listed in Resources below. You can also key in Wikipedia in search engines.
Go to the top right corner of the page. Click on the Create Account link and register by providing your username and a unique password. The account is created immediately, and the username you selected will be displayed at the top of the page.
Create a New Article in Wikipedia
Go to the Main Page in Wikipedia, listed in Resources below. You can also enter Wikipedia by keying in the word Wikipedia in search engines.
Key in the headline of your article in the space provided. The site will search for the availability of the topic and the subject.
Write the complete article in the available blank space on the page. Use the Wikipedia Manual of Style for writing articles.
Provide the edit summary, explaining the reasons for creating the new article.
Click on Show Preview and see your article on the screen. Determine if you need to make any changes.
Save and submit the article.
Main Page of Wikipedia – English
Main Page of Wikipedia: NON-English (other languages)
1. Go here: http://www.wikipedia.org/
2. Select your language by left clicking on the language you want to go to the Main Page of in your selected language.
That’s all there is to it.