One of the most important status symbols for the Saigon kids was the length of time one lived in Saigon. So back in 1963, the “Old Timers” used to ask “Do you remember….?
1. When there were dances every week-end?
2. When Heather Harris lost her costume during her presentation of the Indonesian candle dance?
3. When there were only 45 students at ACS?
4. When Burton Parker’s favorite expression was “barnacles, bilge, and boiler ash.”
5. If Burton wore socks everyone said the party was formal?
6. When Huckleberry Tom Lucid was the only person who went on the wild boar hunt?
7. The night the famous slogan was printed on the school’s water tower?
8. When the boys’ bathroom was a private lounge for “The Night-riders”?
9. John Lorenzen’s “Twist with Steenie” posters?
10. When Sherry Penney needed a bigger record player?
11. The fabulous “five course” dinner at the Junior Party?
12. The first edition of “The Foxy Chronicle”?
13. When nobody called Lynn Ahlgren “Moose”?
14. When R.E. spilled water on his eggs at the Senior Breakfast?
15. When everybody took Saturday swimming parties to Tu Duc?
16. The parties at Smith’s apartment – “Stevie, don’t hit Davie on the head with that pan, just pass the Pream.”